Tax Program Overview I What to Bring

Tax Program Overview

Last Year, CASH Oregon, in partnership with AARP Tax-Aide and VITA, filed taxes of 17,592* community members in the tri-county area, which resulted in $20.9 million in federal tax refunds into the pockets of taxpayers and the cash registers of local businesses.

Our IRS-certified tax preparers are dedicated to ensuring each taxpayer gets the refund dollars they are entitled to. Whether you are eligible for the Child Tax Credit or the Earned Income Tax Credit, CASH Oregon helps you to get the refund you need and deserve by filing your taxes free of charge.

Our volunteer tax preparers can complete most person returns. For more information on what returns we are trained and certified to complete see "What can we prepare" below. Make sure to come by one of our sites - we are here to help!

*Only current e-files are represented. Not included: prior years, amendments, and paper returns which would account for hundreds of more tax returns filed and taxpayers assisted.

What returns we prepare?

We can help you with:

Earned wages from a job.
Earned Income Tax Credit
Child Tax Credit
Education Credit
Credit for care of a child or dependent so you can work
Residential Energy Credit
Oregon Elderly Rental Assistance
A new or amended return from a year before 2010.
Cancelled debt from a credit card or foreclosure.
Interest from a bank, mutual funds or dividends from stock.
Income from a pension, 401(K) or IRA, including an early       withdrawal from a retirement account.
Some small businesses.

For more information on returns we prepare, see the Frequently Asked Questions.

return to top

What To Bring

All you need to have your taxes filed for FREE!

Did you know you may get a refund even if you owe no taxes? Sounds good, right? All you have to do is bring the stuff listed below with you to a site and our trained tax preparers will help you find out for free.

Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number       (ITIN)
Form W-2 from every employer
Other forms and receipts, such as 1099s from your bank
Child and dependent care information
Copies of last year's returns, if available
Picture Identification

We may still be able to provide some help even without all of these documents. We also can assist with ITINs at a few of our sites. If you have any questions, please call our office at (503) 243-7765.

For a printable list of items and snapshot information of our Tax Program, click here.

return to top

Did You Know?

According to the IRS, 22.4 million taxpayers received $43.7 billion in total Earned Income Tax Credit refunds. Visit the EITC Assistant at the IRS Website to find out if you're eligible for this credit.